Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

running

Lately I have put my running on the back burner thanks to my shin. I believe that my shoes are to blame. Darn shoes! I need to get fitted for some good ones, because there are so many different types out there. My shin feels better now, although, it has been like 2 weeks since I have ran. I plan on running on Saturday, so hopefully I will be able to run! I'm so anxious to get back to running..

I feel so lost whenever I can't run (I know I just began, but still). That is time that I get to myself, I think about the day, work, home, family, whatever. You name it, I just think about all kinds of things. It's so freeing to be out there running, with the wind in your hair, watching the sun rise, hearing the birds chirp. Most of the time I leave early enough in the morning to watch the sun rise, and there aren't very many people out, so it's quiet and I can actually think.

Even when I don't go out there by myself and run, there are occasions when I take my daughter, it still feels awesome! I like taking her with me because she just babbles about things, like the birds, the flowers and trees and such. It is interesting to see the world through a 3 year olds point of view! I'm hoping that by taking her with me when I do that it will show her how much she could enjoy running in the future.

Running has helped me push through my attitude of giving up. I used to start things and give up on them if I didn't get it right away, but with running it is different. It's like a whole new world out there to explore that I did not know even existed, so I can't even think of giving up now! There are so many races out there and places that I would like to run, so I see no giving up in the future!

So for now my view will continue to look like this:


And what a wonderful view this is!

What makes you run? What makes it important to you?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment