Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

myrtle beach pnc 5k

I ran the PNC 5k in Myrtle Beach in February. It was a night race, and I don't run at night, and I haven't ever ran a night race before so I wasn't sure what to expect. It wasn't bad at all! I did the best that I have ever done that night.

I was nervous throughout the day, so I wasn't able to eat too much, which I thought was going to turn around and bite me in the butt later. Thankfully it didn't, and I did extremely well, for me! I will definitely be doing this run again next year, but i'll be aiming for the half marathon by then! *hopefully!*

My time was 35:43, and I came in 574th out of 923 people and 36th out of 53 in my age group, but I thought I was going to die there at the end! I physically pushed myself to my limits that night during the run, which I haven't done before during my training runs. I was determined to do well!


There was a couple children there running the race with their parents and I can't wait until little bit is old enough to actually run with me instead of in her stroller! I remember seeing an 8 year old running with her father and I told her how awesome I thought that it was that she was running with her father! He told me that in 2012 he ran the 5k and got a medal and after she saw the medal she had to do it this year! (See i'm not the only one doing it for the bling!) :)



My daughter was there though, cheering me on! My dad came with her so that she could sit on the sidelines and cheer me on!



I looked a little rough here, but this was while I was crossing the finish line!! As I said earlier I thought I was going to die at the end! But, hey, No Pain, No Gain! Am I right!?

The swag bag that they gave us was really nice, it even came with a blanket! I gave the blanket to my daughter though to cover up with. The medal was really nice, it was my first official medal!


Overall I had a fun time, and the run was really nice. I didn't get to run by and see the beach though like the marthoners did, but hey, it was still great! Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment