Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

personal best

I have been thinking lately about making this year the best year yet for me. I want to be the best that I can be, and stop being lazy and do everything (well mostly everything) that I put my mind to. I want to end the year with a half marathon, hoping that I can get there, virtual or real one. I have a long way to go.

So today I woke up feeling like I needed to get that personal best thing started! I woke up at 730  before anyone else was up and went for a run. I was aiming for 3 miles, but since i'm just starting out running (meaning, I have NEVER ran anything or anytime in my life) I have been taking it slow. I having been really running/ walking these miles. Well today I told myself that I was going to run for a mile, take a 2 minute break, finish running the second mile, take a 2 minute break and then finish the third mile running. Once I reached the one mile mark I felt awesome. I have never felt quite like this on a run before, it was a really great feeling. So I continued running until I reached the second mile and I thought since I had already ran that far I might as well run the rest of the way, and I did!!!! I reached my personal best mile at 13:28 on the third mile! I was so excited. Yayyyyy!



I also went to the rock climbing gym here and climbed for about an hour and a half. So, overall I had a very active Saturday. It felt great and I am ready to start this year off better than any other ever before!

No comments:

Post a Comment